NBA Rookie Report
1. Derrick Rose- 16.7 PPG, 6.3 APG, 3.5 RPG, .457 FG%, .787 FT%, .278 3PT%
Rose is still leading all rookies with his 6+ APG, which leads rookies, and is still second on his team in PPG, behind only Ben Gordon. Rose also leads all starters on the Bulls in FG%.
2. O.J. Mayo- 19.1 PPG, 2.8 APG, 4.0 RPG, .443 FG%, .869 FT%, .379 3PT%
Mayo is blowing out all rookies in PPG, while staying up there in FT%, and 3PT%. O.J. leads the Grizzlies in FT% and PPG. However, he leads all rookies in MPG, which ups his stats a little.
3. Russell Westbrook- 14.4 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.3 RPG, .411 FG%, .800 FT%, .333 3PT% Westbrook continue to hit from deep. he continues to amaze me with his shooting skills. He is a young leader on a young team, and is slowly but surely becoming a 5 tool player: penetrating, shooting, passing, rebounding, and defense. The one thing he needs to work on is defense, which average, at best.
4. Brook Lopez- 11.5 PPG, 0.7 APG, 7.8 RPG, .489 FG%, .822 FT%, .000 3PT% The Lopez of the Nets is outperforming his twin on the Suns by a landslide, stepping up on a team full of stars. I’m sure that, soon, he will be a double- double average guy. Oh, and, one thing the stats recorded don’t show is his defense: he averages 1.9 BPG.
5. Michael Beasley- 13.3 PPG, 0.9 APG, 5.3 RPG, .449 FG%, .750 FT%, .356 3PT% You knew that he would be in here, didn’t you. Although, I almost put some people such as Greg Oden or Kevin Love in above him, but I felt a little sympathy for him because he hasn’t exactly lived up to his premature expectations.
On the Verge:
Greg Oden, Kevin Love, Rudy Fernadez, Marc Gasol, Maureese Speights.
That’s all I have for you.
Thanks for reading!